Thursday, January 14, 2010

Reviving a 1963 Daimler SP250...

There it is...

2.5 liter hemispheric V8

Double points but one only one coil.

The right SU carb had a cracked float which I fixed when the owner brought the car.

This part (Jet) that goes up and down to set the mixture was seized. The needle from the piston slides inside the jet.

I've replaced the diseased seal with a 1.9mm x 6.8mm O ring.

A small windshield washer hose works like a charm for the vacuum advance.

A little paint on the damper mark. At the right edge it is on the TDC and on the left it is at 10 degrees BTDC.

Check the video of the running engine:

No comments:

Post a Comment