Monday, February 8, 2010

Finished!

I Finally received the right slave cylinder

Ready to be installed...

I was trying to synchronize the carbs, but something was not right. The pin on the shaft that links the 2 carbs was worn out. I removed the assembly and pushed the pin a little further to remove the play.

video



Turned out that the rubber hose feeding the right carb was porous. The right carb has an issue but it is working now.


The spring was weak also.

I have tuned the engine using a SK Synchrometer. See the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAmRdSjs6s8

The road test was scary. No wonder, the right wheel alignment is WAY off!



Finished!



Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New parts...

I have received the flexible hose and the kit to rebuild the slave cylinder from SNG Barratt. Unfortunately the kit was wrong and this is the only one they carry. So, I had to return it and I am now waiting for a complete cylinder.



Friday, January 15, 2010

Clutch slave cylinder.

Trouble with the clutch slave cylinder.


Now I am waiting for a cylinder kit and a hose coming from Barratt in New Hampshire.



Oil leak...

I've noticed a fairly important oil leak under the car


The hose going to the oil pressure gauge had a crack and was very brittle. Also it appears that one oil connection to the right head was leaking as well.


I found a hose at Home Depot which can stand 150 PSI. The diameter is exactly the same than the metal part but I wish it was tighter. I've used some silicone gasket paste to glue the line to the metal and added a rubber hose with a clamp to secure everything.


The new copper washers on the oil supply to the head...



Thursday, January 14, 2010

Reviving a 1963 Daimler SP250...

There it is...

2.5 liter hemispheric V8


Double points but one only one coil.



The right SU carb had a cracked float which I fixed when the owner brought the car.



This part (Jet) that goes up and down to set the mixture was seized. The needle from the piston slides inside the jet.



I've replaced the diseased seal with a 1.9mm x 6.8mm O ring.


A small windshield washer hose works like a charm for the vacuum advance.


A little paint on the damper mark. At the right edge it is on the TDC and on the left it is at 10 degrees BTDC.

Check the video of the running engine:
Video